APPLICATION WINDOW: January 1st – March 1st
- At least one (1) $1500.00 scholarship will be awarded each year to recipients who are graduating high school seniors, who are active Douglas County 4-H members in good standing for a period of no less than 5 years.
- Recipients will not be eligible to receive any other Douglas County 4-H Foundation Scholarship.
- Recipients will have to relinquish this scholarship, if they will be receiving any full-ride scholarship from any other scholarship committee or school. (Full ride being all tuition, room and board being paid).
- The applicants must obtain a high school diploma, GED, or a homeschool program equivalent.
- Recipients wishing to renew their scholarship after attending one year of college will be required to have achieved a 2.0 cumulative grade point average or better or the equivalent. This scholarship may be renewed for one (1) more year after recipient has received the initial scholarship award, if all requirements are met, and funding is available. If recipients don’t meet the renewable requirements, they will not receive the scholarship award for the second year.
- Recipients of a Renewable Scholarship to a Technical and/or Certification Program/School must attend an accredited program/school within the United States with the intent to complete the program/school and receive the certification.
- Recipients must maintain a full-time student status to be eligible for renewal of this scholarship.
- The scholarship money will be mailed directly to the program/school after registration is confirmed and received by the Douglas County 4-H Foundation Treasurer.
- One or more applicants may be asked to interview before a panel of at least three (3) 4-H Foundation board members or community members before a final decision is determined.
- Recipients (if asked) will be required to help (i.e., speak at, write a letter for, etc.) with Douglas County 4-H Foundation-sponsored events including but not limited to fundraisers, educational programs, etc.
- Application window is from January 1st – March 1st. All items on the scholarship application must be complete and submitted online no later than 11:59pm on March 1st or the application will be null and void. All letters of recommendation for applicants must be received no later the 11:59pm on March 1st or the entire application will be null and void.
THE DOUGLAS COUNTY 4-H FOUNDATION TECHNICAL/CERTIFIED PROGRAM OR SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP WILL BE JUDGED ON THE FOLLOWING:
4-H Experience, participation, and achievements
School and community activities
Application and interview
ONLINE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS TO BE COMPLETED AND ATTACHED:
Complete online application
Attach unofficial high school transcript
Two (2) letters of recommendation – one (1) from high school teacher or counselor; one (1) from a community leader, employer, friend, or acquaintance (must be adults)
Note: Letters of recommendation can be attached online with the application or they can be mailed to:
Douglas County 4-H Foundation, Inc
PO Box 416
Franktown, CO 80106
REQUIREMENTS FOR ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP RENEWAL:
Unofficial program/school transcript or equivalent
Essay on your goals and achievements from the previous year
Confirmation of re-enrollment in school