APPLICATION WINDOW: February 1st – April 1st
- One or more $2000.00 scholarships will be awarded each year to graduating high school seniors, including home-schooled students, who are at the time of application, and have been for at least three years, at least two of them consecutive, active Douglas County 4-H members in good standing.
- Recipients who receive a “full ride” scholarship from any other scholarship committee or school will be required to relinquish this scholarship. (“Full ride” means all tuition, fees, room and board.)
- To be considered, applicants must have achieved a minimum of a 2.9 cumulative grade point average at the high school level.
- Recipients must attend an accredited college or university within the United States with the intent to receive a 2-year associates degree.
- The maximum number of years in which scholarship funds will be available is two consecutive years and such funds must be used only in pursuit of an associates degree.
- Recipients must maintain full time student status (at least 12 credits hours per semester) to be eligible for renewal as set forth below.
- This scholarship may be renewed for up to one additional year if the renewal requirements are met and funding is available. Recipients wishing to renew in any year will be required to have achieved a minimum of a 2.0 cumulative grade point average for the preceding year. If recipients don’t meet the renewable requirements they will not receive the scholarship award for the second year of school.
- Scholarship funds will be mailed directly to the school attended by the recipient after school registration is confirmed and the address supplied by the recipient.
- Applicants may be asked to attend a personal interview before a panel designated by the Board of Directors of the Douglas County 4-H Foundation, Inc.
- Recipients will be required (if asked) to assist (i.e., speak, write a letter, etc.) in Douglas County 4-H Foundation-sponsored events including but not limited to fundraisers, educational programs, etc.
- Application deadline is April 1st. All items required on the scholarship application must be complete and submitted online, and all letters of recommendation must be received, no later than 11:59 p.m. on April 1st. Late or incomplete applications, including recommendations, will not be considered but will be treated as null and void.
- Final determination of scholarships to be awarded or renewed will be made by the Board of Directors of the Douglas County 4-H Foundation, Inc. The foregoing requirements may be applied, or may be waived in whole or in part, in the Board’s discretion.
THE DOUGLAS COUNTY 4-H FOUNDATION 2 YEAR PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIP WILL BE JUDGED ON THE FOLLOWING:
4-H Experience, participation and achievements
School and community activities
Application and interview
ONLINE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS TO BE COMPLETED :
Complete online application
Attach unofficial high school transcript (via email or standard mail)
Two (2) letters of recommendation – one (1) from high school teacher or counselor; one (1) from a community leader, employer, friend or acquaintance (must be adults)
Note: Letters of recommendation can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or they can be mailed to:
Douglas County 4-H Foundation, Inc
PO Box 416
Franktown, CO 80106
REQUIREMENTS FOR ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP RENEWAL:
Unofficial college/university transcript – Fall & Spring transcripts
Essay on your goals and achievements from the previous year
Confirmation of re-enrollment in school