APPLICATION WINDOW: January 1st – March 1st
- At least one (1) $2500.00 scholarship will be awarded each year to recipients who are graduating high school seniors, who are active Douglas County 4-H members in good standing for a period of no less than 5 years.
- Recipients will not be eligible to receive any other Douglas County 4-H Scholarships that are offered.
- Recipients will have to relinquish this scholarship, if they will be receiving any full ride scholarship from any other scholarship committee or school. (Full ride being all tuition, room and board being paid).
- The applicants must have a minimum of a 2.9 cumulative grade point average, at the high school level.
- Recipients wishing to renew their scholarship after attending one year of college will be required to have achieved a 2.8 cumulative grade point average or better. This scholarship may be renewed for up to but not more than three (3) additional years after recipient has received the initial scholarship award, if all requirements are met, and funding is available. If recipients don’t meet the renewable requirements, they may forego a year of scholarship money and apply the following year if they can meet the requirements.
- Recipients of a Renewable Scholarship to a 4-Year College/University must attend an accredited college or university within the United States with the intent to receive a 4-year degree.
- Recipients must maintain a full-time student status (at least 12 credits hours per semester) to be eligible for renewal of this scholarship.
- The scholarship money will be mailed directly to the school after school registration is confirmed and the school address and student number is received by the Douglas County 4-H Foundation Treasurer.
- The top applicants will be asked to interview before a panel of at least three (3) 4-H Foundation board members or community members before a final decision is determined.
- Recipients (if asked) will be required to help (i.e. speak at, write a letter for, etc.) with Douglas County 4-H Foundation-sponsored events including but not limited to fundraisers, educational programs, etc.
- Application window is from January 1st – March 1st. All items on the scholarship application must be complete and submitted online no later than 11:59pm on March 1st or the application will be null and void. All letters of recommendation for applicants must be received no later the 11:59pm on March 1st or the entire application will be null and void.
THE DOUGLAS COUNTY 4-H FOUNDATION 4 YEAR DEGREED PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIP WILL BE JUDGED ON THE FOLLOWING:
4-H Experience, participation and achievements
School and community activities
Application and interview
ONLINE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS TO BE COMPLETED AND ATTACHED:
Complete online application
Attach unofficial high school transcript
Four (4) letters of recommendation
Two (2) from community leader, employer, friend or acquaintance (must be adults)
One (1) from high school teacher or counselor
One (1) from a 4-H leader or Extension Agent
Note: Letters of recommendation can be attached online with the application or mailed to:
Douglas County 4-H Foundation, Inc
PO Box 416
Franktown, CO 80106
REQUIREMENTS FOR ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP RENEWAL:
Unofficial college/university transcript – Fall & Spring transcripts
Essay on your goals and achievements from the previous year
Confirmation of re-enrollment in school